Are You Suffering from Terminal Seriousness?
And I want to tell you how I get past it.
The couples I see in counseling sessions argue over the smallest, minute things and then it escalates into misunderstandings and holding on to resentments.
Then they pay me to tell them what I’m going to tell you.
Couples and individuals take life way too seriously. It’s difficult to separate the serious persona to the general public from becoming more vulnerable in our personal relationships.
If you’re suffering from terminal seriousness, like I was, here are a few tips:
• Don’t take life so seriously. Ask yourself, “is this going to really matter in a week or two?”
• Use humor and some healthy sarcasm to blow things out of proportion to make your point.”
• Some people feel they are carrying the burdens of the world on their shoulders and it gets overwhelming sometimes. Instead let go of what you think you can control and trust the universe will figure things out, even if you don’t worry.
• Listen to comedy videos and your favorite comedians.
• Learn to laugh, be vulnerable enough to be silly and speak up for what you believe in.
If you would like more tips on how to question yourself out of distress, email me at [email protected] or sign up at the bottom right of the page.